Saturday, April 14, 2007

Random... Hand Dryers, Bacon, and BBQ



 Someone re-invented the electric, automatic hand dryer. I am starting to see these things in restrooms, and they actually dry your hands. The XLerator is so powerful that it dries your hands without the extra step shown here. 




So, I have to explain. I don't go around thinking "I think I'll research hand dryers today and post it to my blog". No. What sparked this was stumbling across this image,  which the kids and I agree is worth writing about. Especially for us bacon lovers. 





Which brings me to the next random topic today.

My boss took me to another barbecue place in Manhattan on Wednesday. So far I have tried Virgil's, Dinosaur, Dallas, and now Rub.
This place was a bit different. We ordered a giant sampler platter of everything they offer. One item on the menu was burnt ends, and I recommend trying them. Roughly one-inch sized chunks of the point end of a brisket with their seasonings. The pastrami and brisket were both excellent, as was the chicken. The ribs were average, and the sausage will be avoided next time I go. In addition to the platter we sampled two very unique items. One was an appetizer called BBQ bacon chunks. Probably one of the most unhealthy things I have ever tried, and it supports the saying that the better something tastes the worse it is for you. The other is their famous desert Deep Fried Oreos. Seemed too strange for words, so we had to try them. The best description we could come up with was that they are like a zeppole with an oreo in the middle. Enjoy! And check out the bacon dispenser in the bathroom of course.

No comments: