Friday, March 02, 2007

A Sign Of The Times?

I know it's been a long time since I posted. I am so sorry. I see things every day that I want to write about so I have no excuse. Today I ran into one that I just had to share with everyone.

I was on the gas and electric company's website looking up the phone number for customer service and saw this message in bold face:

Please note: E-mail must not be used to report gas odors. Please use our gas odor toll free number listed above.

You know, it's not the stupidity of the statement that got to me, but the fact that they HAD TO PUT IT THERE!! This means of course that someone TRIED IT! I'll have to check the FDNY site for a similar message. Can you imagine? "Dear sirs, My dining room is on fire. Please send help and marshmallows immediately."

No comments: