Monday, October 02, 2017

Fraud Fumble

I was late getting home tonight.  When I'm this late I'll grab food in the city, usually eating on the train.  As I was walking through the station with my food, water, napkins, and backpack, I felt almost off-balance already, and my phone started ringing.  Looking at the display, I saw a 631 area code number.  This usually means it's somewhat important.  I was thrown further off balance trying to get the phone answered, and get at least one of my earbuds in my ear.  I almost dropped the food, and myself for that matter, and answered the phone.

"Hello, we have been trying to reach you. This call is officially a final notice from the IRS, Internal Revenue Service. The reason of this call is to inform you that IRS is filing a lawsuit against you.”

Have you gotten one of these?  It's been a year or more, but this is about the tenth final notice I've gotten from these scammers.  My reaction tonight is one of anger.  I almost performed the epileptic slide just trying to answer the phone, only to get this call again.  I also have to wonder who falls for these.  Literally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Most of these clowns do this for the money rather than just the LOLs. Apparently there are some people stupid enough to fall for this scam